Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's the final countdown...

It's official.

Mike can go to camp. The playlists have been made ("There will be no Christian music at our camp."-- Adam). My chacos are on their way... In fairness, I'm sure we are still missing some paperwork and I still haven't talked to Scott yet about what we are speaking on (that would be helpful)... but the time is quickly approaching that we will stick 90 students on two buses and haul them to Coker Creek, Tennessee.

I'm pretty excited. God has already done so many incredible things with regards to camp thus far, I trust Him not to disappoint.

I mean, if nothing else I get to go whitewater rafting, eh?

Jesus, I thank you for all of the great things you have let me do with these students this summer. I can't believe it's coming to a close. I have watched you do amazing things, I know it's just the beginning. So Lord, I ask you to blow my mind next week. You who are capable of more than I could ever ask or imagine, bring it. Rain down your presence, that all who are there may walk away changed. You're so awesome. I love you. AMEN

My summer with the youth is basically over. I led my final TPX last Wednesday (thank goodness we played cow tongue football). I'm so sad to watch it go. This is what I know, TPX does not change lives. Camp does not change lives. Only Christ can change students, and He can do that any way He pleases. I don't know why He chooses me.

I have learned so much. I have so much more to learn. I can't wait to bring back the incredible stories of camp.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments: