Friday, July 4, 2008

Merry Independence Day!

It's funny how life comes at you in waves.

I've done so little this week I feel desperate to leave my house. Not only that, but TPX was a little bit of a bust because we meet outside and on Wednesday butt heads with hurricane Missouri. It was funny to watch all of us huddled together in th middle of the park shelter listening to Mike say, "This is what memories are made of!" And I admit, even though we were all drenched no matter where we were standing (thank you, Mr. Wind) I supposed that the students needed to bond more than they needed to hear about callings. Ok, God. I trust You in that.

But, on the upside, one of my girls who I haven't seen in probably almost 2 years, who I spent a lot of time with in high school, came by TPX. Sure, it was only for 15 minutes, but it was good. So maybe, whatever she was doing needed to get rained on to get her to come by. I don't know. But I hope she comes to camp or something. Sigh.

If you would like to pray for me, I could use a good helping of faithfulness and discernment.

-May the peace of Christ be with you... and please don't set anyone on fire today.

No comments: